Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I posted MY opinion of the services of a lawyer on yelp: Was

Customer Question

I posted MY opinion of the services of a lawyer on yelp:
Was unjustly ticketed and jailed by a DPS officer and his preacher on a mission!!! 24 hours in jail in Florence, denied my medications (became VERY sick). Huge fines, huge towing fees. So paid $$$ to this guy...all HE did was throw me under the bus!!! WORTHLESS!!!
Since the DPS Cop and his Preacher, the Pinal County Lawyer...who told me in a hearing that "God was on his side!!!", AND MY LAWYER were all against me.. I sucked it up, and paid a HUGE fine!!!!!
I would PAY to go back and have MY day in court..with decent legal representation. This was a totally UNJUST conviction!!!!!!!!!!!
I am NOT a lawyer....but I could have done MUCH better WITHOUT this so called lawyer...
I TOLD him I posted it in an email, he emailed me back NEVER to contact him again or he would get an injunction. I erased all email history and have not contacted him.
Today, I got an email from HIM.
It said that if I did NOT REMOVE my Yelp review..he would sue and get injunctions against me!!!
Is it NOT my 1st amendment RIGHT to my opinion.. and to post it???
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You certainly have a right to freedom of speech, however, that freedom does not extend to defamatory statements. Defamation must be based on a false statement --- that the person making the statement knows is false --- in order for the writer to be held liable. Thus, as long as your review is your OPINION and based on the TRUTH, you are free to make your post. However, if you misrepresent yourself or exaggerate your experience, you could be held liable.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

So, with the above, if it is all totally based on fact OR only represents your opinion, you could be ok. But, if it is not clear that this is your opinion or if facts are mis-stated, it could come back to cause you issues.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!