How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a stroke in may after the stroke i had a migrain days

Customer Question

i had a stroke in may after the stroke i had a migrain for thirty days
my nero gave me nerve blocks in the back of my head oh yea after the stroke i love all sensation on the left side of my body
then when he gave me the injections my right side was great and then when he did the left side my head was on fire for about ten minutes he said that he hit the nerve and has never done that before about to weeks later my left side of my face feels like novcain so i went to the dr he said that the omly way to fix it is to burn the nerve
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of your current condition. While it is possible that this is a side effect that accompanies the treatment of strokes (which are in and of themselves very significant neurological impairments), it is also possible that your physician may have made an error which they can be held responsible for in a medical malpractice suit.

Medical malpractice claims are based on expert testimony, this means you, or your attorney, will need to find a medical expert in the same, or similar field, to testify as to the standard of care in the industry, whether your physician or facility's conduct fell below that standard, and whether that negligence was the cause of your injury. The same (or a different) expert can then testify as to your projected future damages and cost of medical care.

Due to the complexity of these claims, I highly recommend that you retain a medical malpractice plaintiff's lawyer (also called trial attorneys). Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment).

You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).