How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Northwest Indiana. Were can I find an attorney that handles

Customer Question

Northwest Indiana. Were can I find an attorney that handles title ix cases high school. My daughter has been touched at school with out consent. On 5 different times by 5 boys. School aware. One incident she told office. She was dismissed back to class has meltdown. The school never informed me of outcome until the last incident. Assist. Principal told me 3boys admitted to it 1 denied 1 coerced. Dispite multiple emails requesting the outcomes. No professional care/therapy.
As a result daughter has been the one removed from classes. My daughter has history of self harm. She has been cutting even more. Distroy her body. Daily anxiety panic attacks at school, grade poor. No intervention training with employees to not to dismiss the sexual assault issues. No student awareness. Nothing.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

We are not permitted to represent customers of this site; nor are we permitted to provide a one on one referral. And we can only provide information based on what you ask. As I read your post, your question is you want to find a Title IV attorney, is that correct?

Also, thse boys who touched your daughter, was it in a threatening way?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Boys touched her sexual way this year. (Not relating to these boys)However, last school year sexual touch followed by physical fight.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thank you. You should consider filing a police report and have them charged with the inappropriate touching whether it was sexual or not. Also the school should be following a process that would give the boys a suspension or expulsion, depending on the results of the process. I suggest if you report this the District Attorney may prosecute the matter.

Also if you want a local attorney, you should consider using the Indiana Bar Association for a legal referral service.

Referrals can currently be made over the phone Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.