How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31769
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a neighbor who literally has parties every three

Customer Question

Hi I have a neighbor who literally has parties every three weeks. which is actually fine until around 10, 10:30 pm when the music ramps up and the party is actually being held out side in a I would guess 17 by 14 ft garage. I know the disturbing the peace law In Mass, Salem Mass to be exact is 11:30. My neighbors have had five parties since November and the best one was xmass eve. That night I called the cops at midnight and they came and broke up the party since then there have been a party a month and right at midnight the cops show up and I haven't had to call since. Now today my old wood fence closets to their side door and drive way, one of fence blocks (if you will) was knocked over. I know It was kicked or what have you because my wife just a week ago said it was hanging a bit, and even then It looked kicked I had an issue last year with this piece of fence and shored it up with nails that now I know where broken through the posts hence why I know it was kicked. So what if anything could I either do, or prepare for future things after their next party?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The best thing you could do to protect your property is to place a few game/motion cameras in your yard or even a video camera to capture any damage or destruction to your property. That way, if something were to occur, you would have documented proof of the damage and you could show that your neighbor is responsible to you for the repair costs.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Otherwise, if you don't have proof, it would be very hard to meet your burden in court if you were to sue.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

In addition to a disturbing the peace issue, you could sue the neighbor under the law of private nuisance and seek an injunction to order the neighbor to stop immediately when the ordinance requires (11:30) so you can quietly enjoy your land.