How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34275
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I dated a girl, things didn't work out. She seems to want

Customer Question

I dated a girl, things didn't work out. She seems to want revenge. She saw me out with a friend, she found that friend through social media and sent her insulting messages. She's knows the bar I hang out at, and started rumors with other regulars there about a bar tender that's only an aquantice, those are a just
a few examples, but she has a lot of
people freaked out, some are worried about their own personal safety. Is there any legal action I can take?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpI am sorry for this dilemma. If you have fears for your personal safety? That would be sufficient to head to your county court and ask this court to issue a "protection order" (sometimes referred to as a restraining order). The court will issue such an order if you have a legitimate fear for your safety.Also, you can consider filing a civil lawsuit against this person for "harassment"Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.