How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2183
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My coworkers are collectively trying to get me fired, they

Customer Question

my coworkers are collectively trying to get me fired
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: they are making false accusations about me and now I'm suspended and don't know why
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I am really sorry to hear about your situation. You may have a strong claim for creation of a hazardous work environment. I would suggest you consult with a local employment law attorney about possibly filing a claim. Before you do that, have you voiced the conduct of your coworkers with your management or HR?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in state of nevada
Does that make a diffference?
i have texted 2 of them that i do not appreciate their behavior or comments and have the texts. Should i tell hr?
Do i seek an attorney if i get fired?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
No most of the states have similar laws regarding this type of harassment. Yes you should notify HR. If they fail to act or fire you for raising this issue then yes you should definitely get an attorney to possibly pursue a retaliation and hostile work environment claim.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got a phone call yesterday from corporate manager stating that i was suspended because my coworkers filed a complaint against me.
what steps will be taken now ?
can i also file written complaint on my end?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
you should. They should investigate both sides.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i legally be suspended without pay if company doesnt even know if im the one at fault?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
they can suspend you with pay while they investigate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know how long investigation usually takes?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

There is no set time required by law but it can vary just based on the circumstances and collecting information.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.