Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What happens if someone was released from jail told to take

Customer Question
Ccap classes missed couple days...
what happens if someone was released from jail told to take Ccap classes missed couple days hislast week and now has warrant for $25,000 .? that wasthe initial bail for the charge felony assault, it was reduced to misfemeanor assault ..why is his bail back at 25g? how does he take csre of wsrrant
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
3/17/2016
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I don't have enough facts to do more than just make an educated guess. I'm assuming, however, that his charges were likely reduced to a misdemeanor for purposes of a disposition and so that he could complete a program. When he went AWOL from the program on a violent case and was a flight risk besides, his original bail was restored to put him more or less back to where he started from in the first place.

There's only one way to lift a warrant, and that's for him to return to court and appear before the judge that issued it and deal with the case. When he comes in, he can expect to be put in on $25,000 bail unless the judge gets a good reason to keep him at liberty. That means he should not come in without his lawyer, who can make an argument for him to stay out and finish the program he almost completed.

Did he take a plea to the misdemeanor? And in what US state is this happening.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney