How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has a severe case of Gynecomastia. s pediatrician

Customer Question

My son has a severe case of Gynecomastia. His pediatrician recommended him for corrective surgery through their Plastic Surgery Group. They denied his recommendation. I appealed but never heard back. As a result I researched until I found an excellent dr near our home who specialized in Gynecomastia in youth and adult males. The surgery cost me $20,000. I am divorced from my son's father. Since we are to equally share medical costs for bills not covered by insurance I requested that he assist. When I took him to court for a child support modification I included the costs for the medical bills. He said he does not believe in plastic surgery ( it really is corrective surgery for this condition but only plastic surgeons have been trained in this field) . As a result he has not paid anything toward the costs. Should I hire a lawyer to help me with this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to assist you.

I want to confirm before we begin ... you're aware how this site works - that in order for us to receive credit for working with you, you need to submit a satisfactory rating - if you feel the performance of the person you're working with is satisfactory EVEN IF you're not necessarily happy with what the law is. Are those terms acceptable to you?