Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

If after 18 violations from a no contact order police won't

Customer Question
do anything can I get...
If after 18 violations from a no contact order police won't do anything can I get in trouble as I met her abc she was threatening me to get the truth and she ended up confessions to all her crimes
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I turned in the confession know asked to submit statement is that ok or can I get introuble I did not initiate the meeting or ask her to say anything she wanted forgiveness she was harassing me the police have refused to help so out of frustrating and getting my life back since they don't respect the judges order since he insisted in the no contact order ipcan I get in trouble I did not try to press charges for that meeting to set her up although the shoe imitated meeting it was merely coincidence she confessed for her wrongdoing that the police turn their back on for a case that happen wee almost two years ago
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
One question as I have many and want to seek legal advisement for civil and criminal charges a lot happened
3/15/2016
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if they can prosecute you now even though they failed to the previous 18 times?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No my question is by the police would not file any of the violations and after she admitted to several people it was her, the police refused to let me file the charge although she vandalized causing more the a 3000 in damages bc I used to date this person basically to hurt me. The police dont want to help me bc they don't agree from a previous case that involved both of us where I was wrongfully accussed and the case was dismissed where he no contact order was dropped and I was granted a restraining order. But she threatened my life so I went to court and was granted a no contact order. The police believe I manipulated the situation. Bc she kept harassing me and they would not do anything I finally decided to give in meet in. Ed attempts for her to stop harassing me. She begged me and I met her I had no idea whe would admit to everything as our situations is very complicated bc there are several cases out. My question is that I recorded the whole conversation not knowing she would literally confess to everything I then submitted this to police. Know they want a statement they know I met her when she has a no contact order can I get in introuble for meeting her in general and for submitting the confession. I didn't want to meet she insisted I didn't a report that incident no offense it's not like the police would file that anyways. I am not sure bc I did not set her up to violate I just meet her to stop the harassment bc the cops won't do anything when a judge granted me protection. And it's after I went in and complained did they contact her and the day she was given a. Verbal warning was the day she vandalized my friends business. Leaving a cup that was used for charging cell phones as her trademark
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Police took cup and although it's a rare a charger and I had a video of the charger being in her a car a month previous they did not count that, and the surveillance tape they said it was grainy she wore a wig to discuss herself she admitted that and I came across the pictures that she took the night of the incident, but basically can I get in trouble for using something a confession that happened while she violated to prove my case since the police don't do anything

Thank you

Can you tell me, did she know you were recording the conversation?

And did this happen in CA?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She was asking for forgiveness a and saod she would admit the truth to the police but that clearly never happened

Thank you.

California law makes it a crime to record someone without their permission. That is, if you recorded her without her consent or knowledge? that is a misdemeanor crime under California law.

But if she was aware of the recording? Then you have no worries.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Attorney