How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 38879
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Legal Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a guest in my home and is not aggressively seeking

Customer Question

I have a guest in my home and is not aggressively seeking employment want to give notice to vacate can I do in advance of 30 days
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I"ll be happy to help you. How long have they been in your home? Do they have a lease?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am part owner of property the person in question is a inlaw
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the party in question was invited to move here to help him and his family out so far has not lived up to his agreement as not aggressively seeking employment
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

How long have they lived there?

Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.


Different contributor here. Under Cal. Civil Code Section 789, you must provide a minimum of 30-days written notice to quit, before you can commence an unlawful detainer action (eviction) against a guest, if the guest was invited to reside in the property.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!