How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2130
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have just discovered that my ex husband forged my

Customer Question

I have just discovered that my ex husband forged my signature on a tax refund check. He works for the government so I am shocked that he would do this. The check was issued for $2620.00 and was mailed to his address on Feb. 22, 2016. I have the names and badge numbers of the people I have spoken with at the IRS concerning this check. I asked to have a split refund because we live in different cities now and do not communicate due to a bitter divorce. I was advised to contact an attorney, but I can't afford one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I am skrry to hear that. You have a couple of options. You can ask the judge to address this in the divorce proceedings as you work through any division of assets or youncan sue him separately in small claims court for the amount owed to you.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have any other questions otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.