How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have to go to criminal court in Maryland for "doing

Customer Question

I have to go to criminal court in Maryland for "doing business without a trader's license." I've already paid the fines and reinstated my licenses, but I have to appear in criminal court. The clerk told me I could go to jail. Please enlighten me... I'm scared!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My company is not small... we do over $3M a year in business and have 12 employees. I can be unavailable for my staff. What is the likely outcome of my court hearing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can't be"
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

What is the actual statute number you are charged with violating?

Did you consult and retain an experienced local criminal defense attorney yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know the statue #, and I haven't yet retained an attorney. I will do so today. Thank you.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Were you given a citation or were you arrested for this alleged crime?