Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I won both ssdisability and ssi in superior court in NJ due

Customer Question
I won both ssdisability and...
I won both ssdisability and ssi in superior court in NJ due to special circumstances & basically fraud by the ss bureau in claiming they "lost" my rcords, all my applications etc.. I am continueallly being told by the state I moved to (florida) tht I don't qualify for what I was awarded in my original award. and now I have received a letter from the midatlantic office telling me they need to know if I want to "apply" for ssi . I have never gotten the ssi part of my award, and whenever I "apply" I then get turned down because the ssd amount was based on my 30 years of fulltime employment before I was serioucly injured. I am now 62 and don't know wheter to go to the ss bureau themselves , have to hire an elder attny, have to pay another disability attorney, try to fix this w the local office, the midatlantic office or what. They are evidently using the ssd amount to say I don't qualify for the SSI amt but I was left permanently disabled and need the benefits you can get with the ssi because of prescriptions, medical costs, rising home costs, etc. convicted felons actually get more than I do with the check, phone, utiliy discounts, section 8, and foodstamps. I have also been told that poor florida has less money than nj where I llived and worked my whole life. done.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
3/15/2016
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Your facts are just a little confusing so let me ask a question or two to see if I can sort this out.

You applied for both SSI and SSD and won in court, after going through all of the administrative processes correct?

Are you now currently drawing SSD?

Did you get a back amount awarded for SSD or SSI in a lump sum? If so, did you get just one of these or both of them?

Tina, Lawyer