How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4080
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Will I still have time to file that counter claim and answer

Customer Question

Will I still have time to file that counter claim and answer before our court day this Wednesday? If so I have to file this at my local county clerks office!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Yes you need to file with the same court where the summons and complaint was issued from.

You may be late but file it anyway. Even if you can not pursue the counterclaim you can raise the issues as a defense for the rent issue. Also argue that it is against public policy to be evicted for raising complaints to the landlord.

Bring the pictures of the problems with the unit with you.

Good luck.

Kind regards,