How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Media Youtube question... about 8 years ago, at my moms

Customer Question

Media Youtube question...
about 8 years ago, at my moms property (she has since past), which became my property with my sister, and trustees, a "friend" took a video of my moms mare (now my mare) being "artificially inseminated." This person contacted me last night (after no contact for years) stating that the video has 0ver 4 million views and wanted to offer me "a little part of the revenue" $100 to have permission to use video. I am personally in the video, as it the vet we paid to be there, and our barn assistant (employee). My mom and her boyfriend were shown briefly at the end of the video. He did finally tell me it is GEICO wanting to advertise...I need to know if he has a right to advertise with myself, my horse, at the property that was my moms that became mine and our paid employees without my written consent...he states HE will not advertise, but not sure I believe him...want to know what my rights are, and if I am able to stake a claim on his youtube video if he advertising without written consent from me or anyone else in the video. Thank you!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.


I am an attorney with 30 years of experience. I would be happy to assist you. The laws on this differ from state to state. Can you tell me which state the video was taken in so that I can better respond to your question.

Kind regards,