Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

In New Jersey, can a leasing company withold the

Customer Question

In New Jersey, can a leasing company withold the registration renewal if a payment is behind?
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

The short answer is yes. The longer answer is that the leasing company can do this only if the contract upon which the lease is based specifically states that they can and will withhold registration renewal if payment is behind. This is a contract issue as much as anything else. As such, this is an issue that should be specifically mentioned in the contract. If it is not, then there is a very viable legal argument that they cannot withhold registration.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively (three or more stars) so I can receive credit for my response.

Best!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

My pleasure. Let me know if you have any other questions. Please don't forget to rate my answer positively on the ratings interface on your end. It is the only way I can receive credit for my work. Thanks!