How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boss needed 14,000 business to purchase Dunhill Auto body

Customer Question

My boss needed 14,000 for his business to purchase Dunhill Auto body door to his other business because his partner backed my best friend overheard situation that we were going through money issues & she was starting work p/t the following she leant him the money from a cash advance.she has notarized documents with 2 titles to two of his company cars.saying that he is responsible for the loan or these two cars she can for 1 year he was paying her never late.he got loan down to 7000.00 but now he dies in dec. And we are stuck with this loan...we can't boss wife got everything /business/cars..thanks sold it to another person..what do I do ..who do I sue
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I can't afford it😢
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I have proof texts from my boss that this $was owed and he was paying .the new owner refuses to pay ...but I don't think wife knows she sold this girls cars to someone else
JA: Our top Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today.

You would want to file suit against the individual's estate. This is not necessarily simple (especially if the assets have been dissolved and sold by the wife), but you can pursue them, including use of the "Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act" which allows you to pursue assets that have been transferred to 3rd parties.

But, in reality, you may be able to make a more reasonable claim by going directly to the widow and making a claim for the money that she received from the sale of the business assets.

Short of filing a lawsuit, you can try to mediate the dispute with them - contact your local bar association and request referrals to mediators, a third party neutral can often help you reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Use the bar association's referrals to contact a mediator or two, the mediator will then contact the other party to set up a mediation session, and you can go from there - hopefully resulting in a formal or written settlement agreement, and save yourself the time and expense of litigation.

Related Legal Questions