How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work in a body shop, owned by a relative, there's no paint

Customer Question

I work in a body shop, owned by a rich relative, there's no paint booth, everything we do is not according to OSHA standards; we spray without a paint booth, in an enclosed unventilated area. I started working here at the age of 17- current/20. The chemicals and all the clear coat I breathe in has harmed my lungs, my body and I recently developed a kidney tumor. Would I have a case against him? Also he never has once payed me real overtime in the last couple years, everything I get over 80 hours he gives me cash on the side. I just don't know what I should do!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am very sorry to learn of this situation.

Yes, you can sue your relative, and you will want a local employment attorney to represent you (you are facing a huge claim, you do not want to try to do this yourself "pro per").

You can find local employment law attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).