How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a motion of judgment against me on a credit card

Customer Question

I received a motion for revival of judgment against me on a credit card I had fourteen years ago. The principle was paid, the interest was not. The plaintiff is Midland Credit Management Inc.. How can I fight this? Can they freeze my joint checking account with my husband?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, generally, as long as, the judgment that was issued was valid, the court would in most cases revive the judgment and if the judgment is revived, then joint bank accounts and other assets can be garnished / seized or levied by the judgment creditor.

Generally, the best approach is to contact the attorneys for the judgment creditor and to negotiate some type of settlement, so the issue can be resolved once and for all.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.