Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Ely, Counselor at Law

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
Patient under anesthesia in Cath Lab has staff remove
DanLegal
DanLegal, Law Partner
Patient under anesthesia in Cath Lab has staff remove blackhead from her pubic region. Places debris on towel and runs to front desk to laugh and in another room to laugh bothering another heavy lady … read more
As a nursing instructor, i assign students to a nurse who
Legal Eagle, Attorney
As a nursing instructor, i assign students to a nurse who works for the hospital. I informed the student that they will be giving medications to their patient, the student could not access the patient… read more
where i work they are investigating a nurse with possible drug
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
where i work they are investigating a nurse with possible drug abuse ,another nurse is on suspension possible termination cause she talked about specific. they are siting hipa is this a hippa… read more
I am an ER nurse. My aunt who is homeless and mentally ill
Nate, Managing Member
I am an ER nurse. My aunt who is homeless and mentally ill came into the ER by ambulance. I was charge nurse that night and also went into the room and help care for her. She was very sick and confuse… read more
I am RN. I believe that a patients rights are being violated.
LawBeagle
LawBeagle, lawyer
I am RN. I believe that a patient's rights are being violated. Who do I turn to to protect the patient and also to protect myself. The patient is being denied a copy of her medical record, because sta… read more
In a hospital after surgery while in recovery room a fax with
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Attorney at Law
In a hospital after surgery while in recovery room a fax with anesthesia physicians orders for post-op medications, are routinely faxed to hospital pharmacy. Is it a HIPPA violation if a Nurse Faxed t… read more
if a home health care agency liason nurse came into a hospital
Phillips Esq., Attorney
if a home health care agency liason nurse came into a hospital took a photo with her personal iphone, of a board listing patient name, room number, county of residence and choice of CHHA be a HIPAA vi… read more
My mother in law of 37 years (she is 95) was admitted to the
MShore Law
MShore Law, Doctoral Degree
My mother in law of 37 years (she is 95) was admitted to the nursing home I am employed as Medical Records Clerk.Her grand daughter (my step daughter) has gotten Medical Power of Attorney over her (my… read more
I filed for unemployment benefits in Michigan and was denied
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney & Counselor
I filed for unemployment benefits in Michigan and was denied because of how I was fired.I have severe ADHD and a temper problem; I am taking medication to help. I was fired because in the midst of a h… read more
im an rn working for a hospital in okla. this hospital is making
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Lawyer/Advocate
im an rn working for a hospital in okla. this hospital is making nurses go into semi-private rooms and give shift change reports at bedside. i believe this is breaking hippa and have been refusing to … read more
Blue Cross Blue Shield just wrote all three of my Doctors,
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Lawyer/Advocate
Blue Cross Blue Shield just wrote all three of my Doctors, telling them mostly the psych meds I have been prescribed . Psych meds are different you have to go through them until you find what works . … read more
I had a problem with a co-worker at work. She made things very
loeblaw
loeblaw, Judicial Doctorate
I had a problem with a co-worker at work. She made things very difficult for me at work. She was hospitalized when she had her baby. I am a Phlebotomist and this co-worker was on my floor. My training… read more
I am a nurse who speaks to pts over phone continuously. A
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
I am a nurse who speaks to pts over phone continuously. A pt called in with a question re: if her fatigue is r/t her condition. I pulled up her last note and asked her some questions re: what the note… read more
I have been accused of a hippa violation because I have talked
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
I have been accused of a hippa violation because I have talked about my brothers divorce and his ex wifes behavior while at work. I have said nothing about medical problems that are on her chart. I wo… read more
During a nursing clinical in college, I was interogated for
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
During a nursing clinical in college, I was interogated for 3 hours prior to administering meds., by my instructor. Consequently I did mistakes due to physical and mental exhaution. The clinical quest… read more
We had a film crew in our hospital filming a reality show contestant.
Jim Reilly
Jim Reilly, Private Practice Attorney
We had a film crew in our hospital filming a reality show contestant. We notified film crew that they could only film in patients room and no where else and they complied. The only other shots were of… read more
I am a CNA I had a client her daughter has power of attorney
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
I am a CNA I had a client her daughter has power of attorney for her. She was in a nursing home her daughter requested that I inform her of her mothers status by leaving notes at bedside on a notebook… read more
I am inquiring my x motherinlaw works for my family Dr. my ...
truthfinder
truthfinder, Educational Consultant
I am inquiring my x motherinlaw works for my family Dr. my daughter is a sever asthmatic and is 11. I requested my daughters 1 year records because her dad is abusing her physically and emotionally as… read more