Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I own an Antique consignment shop in Midway, Utah. I have a

Customer Question
Hello! I own an Antique...
Hello! I own an Antique consignment shop in Midway, Utah. I have a client who consigned several of his bronze sculptures in November of 2003. After almost 5 years of not hearing from him or knowing his whereabouts, he called & told me to "do ANYTHING possible to sell his sculptures as it was a life & death situation for him & he needed money to pay his medical bills. I ended up selling several of his pieces at a very reduced price, 2 years later. I still had no contact information. Now here in 2016 (13 years after he left his sculptures in my possesion) he is suing me for the FULL original amounts that he had priced them at in 2003! I am sure that there is a statute of limitations of some kind. I am blown away that he thinks that he can just go away with no concern for his work & then just suddenly reappear with this absurd lawsuit against me! (filed in Idaho, not Utah) HELP!!!!?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
3/10/2016
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Where did the sale of these items take place -- in Idaho or Utah?

Tina, Lawyer