Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

In michigan how many times after judgement can creditor

Customer Question
supeana me back into small...
in michigan how many times after judgement can creditor supeana me back into small claims for show cause hearing?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
3/10/2016
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Unfortunately, there is no limit on the number of times that you can be called back to Court. However, the Judgment creditor is wasting his time if you are out work on worker's compensation because your worker's compensation benefits are not subject to garnishment. You just need to make sure to show up and tell the Court why you cannot pay. You can also tell the Court to stop further proceeding in the case because you are going to be out of work for the foreseeable future and there is no way that you would be able to satisfy the Judgment.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law