Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Community college is taking field trip from sacramento to

Customer Question
san francisco on a charter/school...
community college is taking field trip from sacramento to san francisco on a charter/school bus that is sponsored by the district. the bus is not handicapped accesable (sorry, having trouble finding proper spelling). do i have a lawsuit? i am in a powerchair. if i do have a case, i am in the 95814 zip code. can you help me find an attorney? thank you, lena.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
3/9/2016
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You have rights under the federal Americans with Disabilities Act Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), 42 U.S.C. - 12101 et seq.

Educational facilities (as well as government facilities -like a Community College) are required to make reasonable accomodations so that activities at the school and sponsored by the school are available to persons who have disabilities.

The schools failure to find either a wheelchair accessible bus, or an alternative way to transport you is problematic.

You can file a complaint with the US Department of Justice at no cost to you.

See here:

http://www.ada.gov

Attorneys who do ths work will meet with you to discuss your case at little or no cost.

You can find such attorneys near you here:

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/discrimination/california

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer