How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a business visa that expires March 19 2016. no, I no

Customer Question

I have a business visa that expires March 19 2016.
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Immigration Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I no longer work for the company that gave me this Malaysian pass. so I will expire on the date given. My son is in school here at mont Karia international school. we don't want to pull he out of school but have him remain in school until it is finished in June. We have letters for all family members from the school to get him a student pass. Since they only allow one guardian my wife will stay and I will leave. they rejected her paper work because the marriage certificate is not stamped by the country embassy. We were married in Trinidad Tobago and there is no Embassy or consulate here or around Malaysia.
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: I am from US and my wife is from Venezuela. We have all documents requested with the exception of the Marriage Certificate stamped. Not sure if there is a different alternative. or we have to send to Trinidad to get stamped and not sure if they will do that with out us being present. If it can be done not sure how long it will take. I don't think I can get it back in ten days when our permit expires. I will leave the country on the 17th of March.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Immigration Lawyer responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

If you understand that, please answer the following:

I want to confirm that this is not a US immigration issue or question. Is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
James no this is for Malaysian Visa so suspect you will not be able to assist. I need advise from someone who is familiar with Malaysian Immigration policy