How/what form do I fill out and submit to a business

Customer Question
(California Check Cashing Store) for...
How/what form do I fill out and submit to a business (California Check Cashing Store) for the address of a person who owes me money (1,000.00) I loaned them. I have a promissory note from the person I loaned the money to. Funds are pass due. Loaned on Jan 29th 2016 was due on Feb 29th 2016. Thank you! J.R.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
3/9/2016
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Are you asking whether you can force a business to disclose an address of the third party person who owes you money?

Please clarify?

I want this particular local business (California Check Cashing Store) to provide me with the mailing address of the person I loaned money to. She cashed the money order their and they have on file her mailing address.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, generally such personal of the customers are kept confidential by the cash checking stores, and the only way that such business can be forced to provide an address for a customer, is if a lawsuit is filed and a court subpoena is issued.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!