How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was able to get my .A degree from St. 's University at the

Customer Question

I was able to get my B.A degree from St. Martin's University at the age of 56. I received sholarships from the school, and I took out small Perkins loans. It was a CROWNING ACHIEVEMENT of my life and I loved every minute. Since I have taught ESL/EFL in Shanghai, PRC and had other adventures.
I borrowed about $24,000 in my whole college career. I expected to pay these back immediately. My finances did not materialize like I thought they would. In short, I was unable to pay much, in fact, very little.
My loan was sold, in time to Edfinancial. I am now 75 years old, in moderate good health, and my sole income is $1685.00 mo. in SS Survivor Benefits. Edfinancial is going to sue me for my SS Benefits which are actually my ex-husband's Survivor Benefits. They are asking for $67, 000.00 because of accrued interest. I graduated in 1996; it's been 20 years. Can they do this?
Thanks, Rose***** *****
I have submitted my IRS records (I pay nothing), etc. numerous times. I am refusing to do it again and want forgiveness, forbearance, to be "written off
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Are you asking if they can sue you and garnish your social security benefits?