How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116710
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there any way to lessen my post release time? I was given

Customer Question

Is there any way to lessen my post release time? I was given 25 months from November 6th, 2015. I only had 1 month left to serve out of 13 total, and I was given 1 month Community Corrections with 24 months probation added.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The only one who can reduce your time is the the judge. In order to seek early release, you have to file a motion in court for early termination and you have to present evidence of good conduct and compliance with all terms and no violations. If you can present such evidence, then the court has power to shorten your time.