Is there any way to lessen my post release time? I was given…

Customer Question
Is there any way to...
Is there any way to lessen my post release time? I was given 25 months from November 6th, 2015. I only had 1 month left to serve out of 13 total, and I was given 1 month Community Corrections with 24 months probation added.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
3/9/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The only one who can reduce your time is the the judge. In order to seek early release, you have to file a motion in court for early termination and you have to present evidence of good conduct and compliance with all terms and no violations. If you can present such evidence, then the court has power to shorten your time.