Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

If a store in the mall sells me shoes $ and the day I wear

Customer Question
If a store in the...
If a store in the mall sells me shoes for 600$ and the day I wear them they mess up bad , he told me there's no refunds or trades he told me I can get them fixed by a friend of his I said ok because I had no other choice now the friend who's fixing idk what's going if he sent them or not or whatever but I HAVNT got them since almost 5 months . I don't know what else to do
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2016
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay I brought a shoe at a store in the mall here in Sanfransico, the shoes were 600$ and the day I wore them they collapsed like have up on me new 600$ shoes I talked to the manager and he told me no refunds or trades for the shoes I had no choice but to go to his friend who use to fix shoes I left my shoes at the store for his friend to pick up to fix its Ben about 5 months and I still have yet to received any fix shoes what could we do to help my situation

Thank you
So I am clear...why is it that the friend has not returned the shoes? Are they refusing? Still working on them??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He said he's done , he's Ben done for a while he always seems to be busy but told me that his brother sent them 2 Sunday's ago in the same city as me with ups and he didn't get a tracking number it's Ben about 2 weeks have not got anything

Thanks

So what is your question? Are you asking if you can sue the person who is refusing to return your shoes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I sue the manager of the store is there a way I can make him give me a refund or trade on the shoes that's worth 600$
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The guy who has them now just fixing them trying get them to sent to me but he just hasn't been on it its Ben 5 months

Just to be clear..the store is the one who referred you to the repair person?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Correct friend of the managers, and I left my shoes at the store for him to get

Thanks

You can sue the store and/or the repairman to recover for this.
AND you can use small claims court

Small claims is a true "peoples court". The formal rules of evidence and procedure do not apply. So you can represent yourself (no need to hire a lawyer).

The process is simple enough. You head to the county court (the county where the seller lives) and talk to the clerk of the court. They can get you the forms needed to start. You file the claim, serve a copy on the defendant and wait for your day in court.

In court, be prepared to tell the judge what happened, and bring in copies of any evidence that supports your case. IF there are witnesses who can testify about what happened? Have them come as well.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Attorney