My stepson (carries a valid card and valid Russian passport)

Customer Question
My stepson (carries a valid...
My stepson (carries a valid green card and valid Russian passport) and his mother (a US citizen) plan to fly from Philadelphia to Cancun on Wed morning. In checking with the airline, my wife was told that her son might not be issued a boarding pass or might be detained by the TSA. His documents are up to date. What might he have to do to insure that he does not have such a problem? FYI I did check the no fly list and no one with his last name is ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
3/8/2016
Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer.

Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

ANSWER: Based on the information you've provided me, there is no reason why he would not be allowed to board the flight to Mexico, as it pertains to immigration documents.

Permanent Residents of the United States can travel to Mexico by air with their valid passport and valid green card.

I do not know why the airline would tell you that, but in terms of documentation making him eligible to travel to Mexico as a US permanent resident, there does not appear to be an issue.

Sounds to me like they were being overly cautious.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you want a 30 minute phone call to discuss this or anything else, let me know. I can send you an offer for that.

Otherwise, kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating so I get credit for doing my job. You can keep asking questions even after you have given a rating.

REMINDER: I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating for my customer service is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked; I am sure you agree that would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job.

Keep in mind, you are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

Negative ratings are reserved for Professionals who are rude or unprofessional. Giving me a negative rating does not help you get a different answer or outcome. So do not give a negative rating if you need more help, or if I misunderstood your question. Instead click REPLY so I can continue to assist you.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!