Can you get conditional discharge in more than one state?

Customer Question
Like if you got it...
Can you get conditional discharge in more than one state? Like if you got it in one state already can you get it in another? (Like one in Michigan and one in Indiana)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
3/7/2016
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Possible? In theory, sure.

But in practice, it does not happen

The reason is that the NCIC (FBI criminal database) will have a record of the prior offense and disposition. So the prosecutor in your current case will see it...and they are likely to refuse to grant this to you

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that you will qualify, but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.