I have just been presented with a State Sales Tax Lien from…

Customer Question
Johnson I have...

Johnson I have just been presented with a State Sales Tax Lien from 1999

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It was found by the Title Company during a background check for a Title Policy. We are the sellers $1,292.00

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
3/7/2016
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. I understand that you have a tax lien filed against your house. While you dont say so, I'm guessing it is for $1,292 back in 1999. What sort of help are you needing?

Doug

Hello Doug, yes I am assuming it was against my previous owned house. Did you see the uploaded file?
It looks to be for Sales Tax payment. I had no idea was due back then.

I did not see any uploaded document. However, I do not review legal documents as part of providing you an answer to a question. You need to provide me with any facts that you want me to be aware of.

Alternatively, I can offer you a premium service of reviewing a document and then discuss these issues over the phone with you in a private conversation.

A sales tax lien generally comes from a business that you owned/operated---not from the sale of real property. What do you mean that you think the lien is related to a prior home you owned?

What state are you in?

Doug

Texas

What sort of help are you needing?

What do you mean that you think the lien is related to a prior home you owned?

Not directly related too...but I just called the Texas Comptroller Office and they said it had been forwarded to the Texas Attorney General Office for collections. But I don't know how long it has been there. I have never been contacted by anyone at the AG's office. Not sure if they have tacked on more fees since it been over 15 years ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Doug

Tina, Lawyer