Can I sue a lawyer that My mother sued appeal case that he…

Customer Question
can I sue a lawyer...
can I sue a lawyer that My mother sued for an appeal case that he never appealed in the first place he just took the money and tried to give her a portion back. We found that he even let the statute of limitations pass although he had 2 years to do the work. $24,000 dollars was put in his hands and he asked my mom to take 7,400 it's all he had left after his wife became ill. his excuse for not owning the problem. my mother died and nothing has been done about it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
3/7/2016
Lawyer: Legalease, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer

Hello there --

-

THis sounds like he committed malpractice which is also against the requirements for him to hold a license to practice law in Texas. If you or your family have not yet filed a complaint with the State Bar of Texas, I urge you to do so immediately on these matters against the attorney. THe State Bar may also be able to help you recover some more of the appeals fee money that was paid and not used for an appeal. Here is a link to the State Bar of Texas where you can review the materials and issue an online complaint -- https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=File_a_Grievance&Template=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=23454 Because you have already pursued a court case, it seems the lawyer does not have money to pay you -- but the Bar can get him to make payments towards what is owed to you if he wants to keep his license to practice law from being suspended.

-

Please let me know if you have any further questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating above so I will be given credit for my time. I am paid NOTHING unless you press the middle star or the fourth or fifth star above in the ratings section, Doing so will not cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time. THANK YOU

-

MARY