How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19472
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a small business and issued a payroll advance to an

Customer Question

I have a small business and issued a payroll advance to an employee with a signed promissory note , notorized and witnessed. The employee quit and still owes the advance what are my legal recourse to resolve this issue she refuses to answer my calls etc.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If she has outstanding wage, you can deduct the advance from her final pay. Otherwise, you have to file a Small Claim in Court in order to recover for the advance.