I was in QT parking lot going south (parking spaces and

Customer Question
I was in QT...
I was in QT parking lot going south (parking spaces and store on right, gas pumps on left) driving slowly looking for a handicapped space, when from my left side (going in same direction) driver of a Ford Econoline made an unexpected, sudden right turn in front of me into a parking space. My little 2003 Toyota Prius hit the truck's right rear door hinge and smashed my left front bumper, headlamp and fender. No physical nor auto damages to his truck. Liberty Mutual's claims adjuster rate my repairs at $1487.30 and Liberty Mutual refuses to pay, saying the other driver gave a different story than mine. He was not written a citation because it was "on private property". I am 78 and going through severe mental anguish from this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
3/6/2016
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If you have insurance, it should cover the damage.....and if your insurance company wants to go after the other driver's company, then it can do so.

Along those lines, you may want to ask your insurance company to ask the gas station for any surveillance videos from the date this occurred to prove your position.

If you could get surveillance footage, it should help prove your claim and convince the other driver's insurance company to pay.

You should stay on your insurance company about pursuing this in order to get your vehicle repaired and also to allow your insurer to recover from the other driver's insurance via a subrogation claim.

The gas station may require you to issue a subpoena in order to obtain the video footage.....and if that is the case....you may have to file a small claims case against the other driver (as a subpoena cannot be issued unless there is an active case.

Before filing suit, you may be able to tell the insurance company that you've requested the surveillance video from the gas station and that could make Liberty and its insured change their tune about how they say the accident occurred.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!

Roger, Attorney