How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4188
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A friend allowed me to stay in my trailor on her property.

Customer Question

A friend allowed me to stay in my trailor on her property. We had a disagreement and she kicked me out but she won't let me get my trailor. She said she has a no contact order on me too. How can i find out my rights on getting my property and if she really has a no contact order in place?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

By keeping you from your property she is committing what is called a conversion. Conversion is both a crime and a bsisi to bring a law suit.

There are two things that you can do. First, you can contact the local police and tell them that she is unlawfully keeping your property. Do not call them, go down to the station and insist on making a written complaint. Sometimes they will tell you that it is a civil matter. Be polite but be persistent.

Next if the police will not help, you can sue in small claims court. The basis of the suit would be conversion. Hopefully law enforcement will help you because there is a fee to file the lawsuit. The clerk will have the forms you need and can tell you the fees.

As far as the no contact Order, the police should be able to tell you whether there is a record of one. Also you should have received an Order from the magistrate. So when you go to the small claims court you can ask the clerk if there is a record of such an Order.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.