My daughters car was repossessed because she did not prove…

Customer Question
My daughters car was repossessed...
My daughters car was repossessed because she did not prove insurance to the lender. she has full coverage insurance. she sent the lender the proof after they repossessed the car. The credit union told her that the lender was not on her declaration letter and she needed to pay them $2,800.00 to get her car back. she has never been late on a payment or went without full coverage insurance. The fact is her insurance has been paid in advance for months. What can she do about this situation.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
3/5/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.

Was there any notice to provide proof of insurance with the lender named in the declaration? Was it in the loan agreement?

Are you online with me?

she is 19 years old and the loan agreement is in the car in impound

Thank you for the additional information.

If the lender did not comply with the loan agreement, in either notice or the requirement to be named in the declaration, then they are in breach of the agreement and she can sue them for damages.

She may want to start by hiring an attorney to write letter on office letterhead threatening legal action for breach if she is not resored to possession.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Tina, Lawyer