How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27087
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

First, I am. I believe I have a violation of my civil

Customer Question

First, I am white. I believe I have a violation of my civil rights. I have had a Colorado Medical Marijuana Certificate for several years. Now because of my certificate I am losing my Colorado Concealed Weapons Permit. I am mobility impaired and have been threatened on several occasions. Do I have a case. T.A. Fera ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.


Unfortunately, you have no case. Presently the law in Colorado requires that medical marijuana users are unable to have a concealed weapons permit. The justification behind that is that marijuana is illegal under Federal law and regular use of illicit drugs will cost a person his Federal firearms rights.

There's a movement to try to change Colorado's law to remedy this, and the possibility of such an amendment is up for a vote on the 2016 ballot. You can read more about this here.