Best Buy credit card dinged my credit reports lowering my…

Customer Question
Best Buy credit card dinged...
Best Buy credit card dinged my credit reports lowering my Fico. I never used the card and they dinged me for a late payment. The fraudulent charge was $262.00. I attemted to reason with them to no avail
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/5/2016
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if you can sue them (Best Buy) for this?

I want them to clean up my credit reports or I will ask you to help me with a lawsuit

You can...that is, under the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) if Best Buy is reporting negative information that is NOT accurate?

You can sue them to collect $1000 AND attorney fees.

The "And attorney fees" is the key...there are lawyer who will take these cases because they know the law allows them to take the case on contingency, they know they will get paid if they take the case.

I would contact a local attorney who specializes in FCRA cases and let them bring a lawsuit to get this corrected

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit
Thanks for your understanding
Phil