How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41035
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was renting my home yrs when I met someone, she then

Customer Question

I was renting my home for 8 yrs when I met someone, she then bought a house and wanted me to move in. I gave my house up and we've been together in our new home for 6mths, she now wants a break from the relationship and wants me to move out. Although the mortgaga is in her name, I assist with all the bills etc, get my mail here, drivers license, etc... DO I have to just pick up and leave or do I have rights? Thank you for your time
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You are a month to month tenant.She has to give you 30 days written notice and file to evict you.This gives you at least a little time to make other arrangements.You are correct you have rights, the month will give you time to look and move.I know it isn't a lot but you have at least this long here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Sorry you are having to go through all of this.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always much appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response.. I was told this by others but hearing from a Lawyer confirms it. Thank you...
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

You are so welcome.Thanks.