Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

I 't know my tsa number. I was on a round trip flight and

Customer Question

I don't know my tsa number. I was on a round trip flight and the boarding pass on the way had tsa approved.on my flight back, it wasn't there. I guess I need proof that I'm tsa approved. Thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Nicki and welcome.

If you actually applied for and were approved for TSA Precheck, it is a randomized system, and not every approved passenger will receive it on every flight. That may explain why you received it on your outbound flight, but not your return flight. However, some people are 'given' TSA Precheck without applying for it, just as a courtesy and to see if they like the program, but the same rules will apply regarding 'random selection' for any flight.

In order to find out your KTN or Known Traveler Number for TSA Precheck, assuming you applied, paid, were interviewed and were approved, visit the website below, follow all directions to fill out your personal information or call Universal Enrollment Service at the phone number given:

Universal Enrollment Service: ***-***-****

https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/workflows?workflow=service-status&servicecode=11115V

---------

I hope this helps.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be glad to continue.

Warmest regards,
Cher

Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Nicki.

I'm not sure if you received my answer, as you said you paid and did not receive an answer in your other question, so I'm resending it, here:

Hello, Nicki and welcome.

---------

I hope this helps.

Warmest regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This was the first time that this problem occurred in 3 years, so I don't understand how it can be random.

Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Nicki and thanks for your helpful reply.

I know it doesn't make much sense, but the TSA Precheck system is most definitely a randomized selection one, to add an extra layer of security at our airports. You've just been lucky for 3 years, I guess! Also, it could have been the airline's fault and they printed your number on your outbound ticket/boarding pass, but forgot to include it on your return flight ticket/boarding pass.

Please see the following, from a TSA site:

"TSA may use a variety of screening processes, including random screening, regardless of whether an alarm is triggered. In addition, TSA uses random and unpredictable security measures throughout the airport and no individual is guaranteed expedited screening."

From: https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening

I suggest that you call or email the TSA Contact Center, if you need additional information:

TSA Contact Center

(866)(###) ###-####/a>
Weekdays:
8 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET
Weekends/Holidays:
9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET
Email Contact Center

-----------------

Warmest regards,
Cher