How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118783
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Am interested in how to start a judicial inquiry to rescind

Customer Question

Am interested in how to start a judicial inquiry to rescind a presidential order sealing the records of Michael Nicholaou a deceased suspected serial killer in order to test existing DNA to give closure to the many families that are still waiting in Ct and in Va and possibly other places.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have good cause to unseal the records, you would need to file a petition to unseal the records in the US District Court in VA to get an order from them to either unseal the case records OR to at least allow limited access to the families of the victims to verify whether or not their relative was identified through DNA as a victim. You would need a local attorney in VA to file, since you cannot represent all the victims pro se, an attorney is required in the VA federal court.