How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nishan Parlakian Your Own Question
Nishan Parlakian
Nishan Parlakian,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 56
Experience:  Principal at Consumer Law Office of Nishan Parlakian, Esq.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Nishan Parlakian is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 59 year old college student and am receiving a small

Customer Question

I am a 59 year old college student and am receiving a small amount of social security benefits.My husband died in 2013 and I was left with his debt even though we were divorced before his death .I am a constant victim of identity theft and have been denied light service do to the person who did it was identified after the investigation in 2014 I am in a new place but don't have the 883.00 there are asking for .What advice or help can you give for this situation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Nishan Parlakian replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry for the trouble you are having. First when you say his debt, are you on the debt? Do those creditors have a legal right to pursue you? You are not obligated to pay for the debts of others if you are not contractually bound. So if it is not your debt, I don't say this lightly, but why should you pay it? No one is helping you it appears. The identity theft is the responsibility of the companies that hold your information. Please let me know the circumstances of the debt so I can advise further. I have not sympathy for large companies that pick the bones of everyday people. So please let me know. Bot***** *****ne, if not your debt don't pay. I can advise further how to handle if you want. Good luck. Please rate me if possible.

Expert:  Nishan Parlakian replied 1 year ago.

call me please(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Nishan Parlakian replied 1 year ago.

I apologize please disregard-Sean

Expert:  Nishan Parlakian replied 1 year ago.

Inadvertently pulled up your account.