I received a Request of Judgement and it is not a small

Customer Question
Hi I received a...

Hi I received a Request for Renewal of Judgement and it is not a small claims but a Civil Limited Case Type Contract. I'm concerned I can not use form SC-135 and have to file a motion to vacate or modify in a different format.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

In addition this was was served to me by mail to the wrong address, as in sent to an address I have only used as an additional address for Student Loan Applications, finding this address would take some work and intention. this address doen not match the address on my proof of service this judgement is for a credit debt to Chase bank I asked them to send me proof of the amount the claimed I owed, they refused. So I filed with the credit bureau of investigation. which they then removed it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
3/4/2016
Lawyer: RONB-ESQ, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
RONB-ESQ
RONB-ESQ, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am confused as you mention wanting to vacate a judgment, but then mention disputing the debt a credit bureau removed it. If there is an actual judgment against you, you would generally know it. I assume it is running out under the time limits of your state and the judgment creditor is seeking to renew or keep alive.

You might tell me what court the judgment first came from along with what county and state.

I use a database product used by attorneys, debt collectors & p.i.'s and I am amazed at all the addresses it comes back on for me. It generally tells me what it believes to be the current one, but they get that information from a variety of sources and any debt collector would just do a simple people search and it would come back with a variety of addresses. They may have just sent to this one or may have sent to multiple?

Hello Again,I have two issues.
I was not properly served (proof of service address does not match address sent to)
I was delivered by a client of an old client a notice of entry of Renewal of JudgmentI object
I would like to make a motion to vacate
My reasons are they never showed me proof that I owed this money when requested
I then had the credit bureau investigate and they removed it from my creditI then was served a judgement and was waiting for a court date and I did not understand I had to file a motion to get a hearing.I then went to the law library and found out that I could not simply file a form Sc-135 because it is a civil limited case not a small claims caseThe court is Sacramento county superior court, in Sacramento California
I need to find a lawyer as I am running out of time.
What kind of lawyer am I looking for?
Bankruptcy , litigation, appeals ? I don't know where to start.
I don't want this on my credit for another 10 years
Tina, Lawyer