The legal issue is with Capital not wanting to rescind a…

Customer Question
The legal issue is...

The legal issue is with Capital not wanting to rescind a charge for services not rendered from a company. I am trying to help my 84 yr old dad

Lawyer's Assistant: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No i have not and i meant to say Capital One Credit card

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?

I first need to know how much this will cost me

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
3/4/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your father never received service, your first step is to try to resolve it by contacting them by phone and getting a supervisor, not a regular representative on the phone. If you cannot resolve it by phone, you need to send a letter to them stating that no service was provided and as such the charge is invalid and in breach of contract. Tell them if they refuse to cancel the charge, you would sue them for damages caused by them breaching the contract and failing to provide service they are charging for. If they still refuse, your next step is contacting the Attorney General's consumer protection unit and filing a complaint and in most cases they can resolve the matter. If they cannot resolve the issue, then the final option is you can sue them, but generally it will end up resolved by the first two options.