Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I recently paid a thousand down on a camper from an

Customer Question
individual and was suppose to...
i recently paid a thousand down on a camper from an individual and was suppose to pay the other five hundred when he got the title he told me he had till i got there and tells me he lost it but wanted to hand write another bill of sale showing a paid for it. he keeps giving me the run around and wont allow me to move the camper till i pay the five hundred. how would i go by asking for the grand back or what be the right steps to take. if i knew from the get go that he misplaced the title i wpuld never have worried with it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
3/3/2016
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

It sounds like he was pulling a scam on you. The only way to pursue your money is to sue him. You can do so in small caims court. You do not need an attorney to sue in small claims court. YOu will have to pay filing fees and service fees, but they will be added to the judgment if you win.

This is a fairly simple case. You file a simple breach of contract claim.The clerk of the court will have the forms that you need.

Here is more information on the process:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/mississippi-small-claims-court-31905.html

You may find that once you file the claim that he finds the title.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer