How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I were living in an apartment in Scottsdale

Customer Question

My wife and I were living in an apartment in Scottsdale Arizona. Our business is also located in Scottsdale. We are now moving out of the country yet wish to keep the apartment as more or less a corporate apartment.
We've allowed one of the company employees to live there and we plan to reserve the other bedroom for ourselves when we come to visit the office one every month or two.
Would it be fair to call this now a business apartment? Can we pay the costs out of the business? If we didn't keep this $1000 monthly expense we may incur at least that amount or more in hotel fees during our regular visits.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Is the tenant on the lease listed as you and your wife, personally, or the business?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Currently we are all personally on the lease but that could probably be amended. However, the lease will still of course require the names on it and agreement to tenancy terms, etc
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

In order to be used as a corporate apartment the lease will need to be amended to show the business as the tenant and it must be used for "business purposes". You can be guarantors personally, but the tenant of record must be the company.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?