How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19111
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a court date coming up on the 14th of March. It is to

Customer Question

Hi my name is Oralia ***** *****. I have a court date coming up on the 14th of March. It is to respond to a petition from my husband for a restraining order. I have several documents to show as proof of my innocence and would like to submit them to the court properly.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: In the restraining order he requested that I be thrown from the home, that he be given full custody of the children and stay away orders. What happened on the day in question was I discovered he was out with another woman and I took bleach and sprayed his clothing. He finally returned home in the morning and I confronted him. At one point, I had gone into the kitchen to pick up several utensils I had dropped in my rush to get the bleach. I had them in my hand and he met me at the door. He began to say to me in a loud voice, "What are you going to do with that knife?" I did not answer because he sounded as if he was saying this for someone to hear. He continued, "You're going to stab me? No, No." He then dramatically turned to run out the front door. I stood and watched him. I was then certain that he was saying this for someone to hear so I walked to the door, closed it, and locked it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Anything you have to present to the Court at the hearing, you need to make sure that you bring multiple copies. You must give a copy to your husband and/or his Attorney if he has one; then the other copy to the Judge's Courtroom Clerk; you would retain a copy. You would do this at the time of presentation of your case to the Judge. You would tell the Judge that you have evidence to show that your husband is lying about the incident and then give a copy to your husband or his Attorney and walk over and give a copy to the Clerk, who would then hand it over to the Judge for review.