How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RONB-ESQ Your Own Question
RONB-ESQ, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 357
Experience:  Right of Way Manager at Access Midstream Partners, LP
Type Your Legal Question Here...
RONB-ESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****. I am involve in a pending lawsuit

Customer Question

Hi My name is ***** *****. I am involve in a pending lawsuit litigation. My question is that I have a house can I still put in a trust? or maybe sell the property?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Basically I am included in the lawsuit with my boss Plaintiff claiming that we had something to do in connection of another company that owed them money the other company is a sister company but no way related to my boss they claiming because teh business is family that we are also included but the other company we are not officers especially me just an employee
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The troubling part for me is sometimes I have to tell people an answer they don’t want to hear and I hope that you will not shoot the messenger by giving me negative feedback as I work hard to provide you a legally accurate answer. Negative feedback is reserved for those experts that provide incorrect answers or are rude to customers. Please rate me based on the legal accuracy of my answer and my professionalism in dealing with you. I feel I have a professional obligation to provide you the most accurate answer I can even if it is not what you want to hear so that you understand your rights and can act on those rights.

In this case if you transfer the home by putting in a trust or selling it the transfer could be undone by the Plaintiff if they win and want to collect the judgment. If you transfer these things based on threat of litigation or as here when you are in litigation it can all be undone. You would have had to do this before any of this started. I am sorry as this is probably not the answer you were hoping for.


Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 2 years ago.

I thought I would give you a heads up that I am logging off for the night in a few minutes. You are welcome to respond here and I will respond to your questions when I am online tomorrow about 2:00 PM CST


Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 2 years ago.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply and let me know. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I receive credit for the time I spent answering your question. If for some reason you don’t feel you can provide me positive feedback please reply and give me the opportunity to clarify my answer before giving me negative feedback.

Regards, Ron