How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Let's say my 8 year old son is getting a check soon, as

Customer Question

Let's say my 8 year old son is getting a check soon, as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy in Canada for about $200,000. Can I set up a new Trust Bank Account in the U.S. and make my son a beneficiary, and deposit the check into my TRUST account in the U.S. and hold it for him, and/or make investments or purchases as a Trustee? Are there any other things of consideration I should be aware of or concerned about before moving forward?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Please understand something most customers misunderstand or do not know, the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Looking at your past history you have not done so and as such your previous experts have not received credit for time spent with you and as such that could impair your ability to get future answers. Please go back and attend to that for us. Thank you.
Have you been named as court ordered guardian over the child's property yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Please attend to your other open questions before we can proceed.
Also, you said "yes" so you have a court order saying you specifically are guardian over the property of the minor (not just guardianship of the minor's person)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let me get back to you
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Let me know as it is important.