I got summoned on February 4th but wasn't home when they did…

Customer Question
I got summoned on February...
I got summoned on February 4th but wasn't home when they did so I went down to the court house and got the papers how do I reply and mail it it. What exactly do I need to type or write up?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
3/2/2016
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What are you being sued for? Is this a debt? Eviction? Breach of contract? Etc.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Debt

Thank you.

What someone in your situation wants to do is to file an ANSWER. The answer can avoid summary judgment. The answer will push the case to trial track months down the line, allowing the parties to negotiate. If there is no specific defense for the debt, one can use the default "general denial." Sample answer is attached.

The answer needs to be sent to the court, and the opposing party.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!
Ely, Counselor at Law